Monday, March 18, 2013

Busy Weekend and Easy Chicken Recipe

Hey Ladies,
This passed weekend was so busy.  On Saturday I left my house at 11:30a.m. and returned home at 12:00a.m.  My awesome husband took care of our daughter which meant they want on a "date" to McDonald's. I'm a pretty big health nut but I'm ok with my family eating McDonald's every once in awhile, I have to keep it balanced though.  Sunday was also very busy but I managed to make a healthy lunch to keep us from eating out.  I made sure to have extra for leftovers at dinner time.  It was excellent both times and I want to share that recipe with you today.  This recipe came about when my sister-in-law came in town and made a similar or maybe it was this recipe but since I didn't have her recipe I just did the best I could at remembering what she did. ANYWAY it works for us so here it is.

Easy Chicken
4 Organic/Skinless/Boneless Chicken Breasts
2 TBSP Organic Dijon Mustard (optional)
2 TBSP Organic Tangy BBQ Sauce (optional)
1 can organic diced tomatoes
1 small diced jalapeño pepper  (take seeds out for less spice)
1/2 cup organic sliced fresh mushrooms
1 diced organic diced green pepper
1/4 cup organic diced onion
Enough cheese to cover the chicken (I try to avoid cheese as much as possible because I have a dairy sensitivity, so add as little or as much as you would like)

Preheat oven to 375.  Put 4 chicken breasts into a glass baking dish, brush Dijon Mustard and Tangy BBQ sauce onto chicken breasts which gives the chicken lots of flavor and keeps it juicy.  Dump 1 can of organic diced tomatoes, diced jalapeño pepper, diced green pepper, sliced mushrooms, and  diced onion all over the chicken. Cover chicken with foil, loosely and put in the oven for 30 minutes.  Check with a meat thermometer until chicken reaches 165*/F.  Add cheese over top return to oven uncovered and watch until cheese is melted.  Serve with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and broccoli or your favorite vegetable sides.

This meal takes me so little time to make it is my go to chicken dish when I'm limited on time.  
If you don't want to use BBQ or Dijon Mustard you could just use chicken broth but I really like the flavor with the sauce.  I try to use as much organic ingredients as possible but if you don't you can also use 1 can of Ro*tel in place of the diced tomatos and jalaepeno pepper. :)) If you try this dish out let me know if you liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment