Monday, March 4, 2013

In-love again ;)

Hey Ladies,
It's been awhile but since I'm confined to the couch with my daughter while she's sick I thought I would write a post.

For the past couple of weeks I've been suffering from skin issues which tends to happen when my skin gets dry. I usually just apply my coconut oil and that takes care of the extra moisture but after a couple of weeks with more blemishes coming to the surface I decided to check out my makeup. Just FYI I'm a makeup artist I try a lot of new foundations and products both from the drugstore and higher end. Recently, I have been loving the finish and coverage of Rimmel BB cream if you don't have any skin sensitivity try it out. However, I'm allergic to it and it breaks out my skin. I'm usually not allergic to the product itself, it is the fragrance they use in the products. Two months ago I had to change moisturizers after the fragrance in the product burned my face. It is hard finding products that will work with my sensitive skin but my one that I know will work is Bare Minerals. I worked for the company doing free lance artistry a couple of years ago and while I love their products I wanted to try something different. I noticed that my skin has been a lot more problematic since I stopped using it on a regular basis. On Saturday, I decided to go to Ulta and talk with their skin therapist and decided that since I knew it would probably be fine for my skin to go ahead and go back to it. I'm seriously in-love...again! I forgot how much I loved this stuff. Plus it takes me like 5 minutes to do my everyday makeup. I use the matte version that isn't formulated with bismuth oxide, I have a sensitivity to that as well. Do you have a cosmetic brand you can't live without? I feel like no matter what I've been going back to bare over the last 8 years.
To build back up my collection of Bare I think I'll get one item every time I want a "treat".
I have a little list going of things, I'm lucky to have worked for them and still have a lot of eyeshadows, blush, bronzer,and finishing powder. Unlike traditional makeup Bare Minerals powder products don't go bad, we used to call it dinosaur dirt.

I hope y'all don't mind these no fitness related posts. More to life then eating and burning cals especially in this Fit Mom's life. Hehe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment