Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Super Bowl Weekend

Hey All, Super Bowl is this weekend which means Super Bowl parties.  I hope you all are starting early on planning your method of attack on how to have a great time at these fun social gatherings and staying on track with your goals.  Usually, at these sort of events they are bring a dish to share and a drink.  I always bring something that is on my plan so I know there is at least one thing for me to eat.  I constantly have water with me too, but if you prefer an adult beverage or two just don't forget that they also contain calories and carbs additionally alcohol turns your fat burning abilities off and slows metabolism.  I'm a real party animal and usually stick to water because I'm working hard all week to achieve my goals and I don't want to get detailed by one day.  Also choose your food wisely or practice portion control. Personally, I prefer to eat a light meal that way I'm not so hungry that I'll eat just anything. 

Here are some practical steps to have a good time and keep the focus on your goals. 

1. If you are going to have a "cheat moment" try sampling.  Get one or two of each item. 
2. Having a beer or 2? have water with it.  This will help you from over indulging and keep you hydrated so you won't get hungover. 
3. Bring a dish you know is on your plan and that most people will also enjoy. 
4. Just want to snack? Eat the nuts and veggies. Plenty of protein and fiber. 
5. Be guilt free, if you mess up tomorrow is a different day. Get back up and try again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment